To mark International Day of Women and Girls in Science, Amie Adkin, Head of Risk Assessment at the FSA, shares her experiences of a storied career in food, risk analysis and leading in science.
Related content and links
Protecting your plate
This is the official blog of the Food Standards Agency (FSA). This blog is about our experience of protecting public health and consumers' wider interests in relation to food.
- A Christmas message from FSA Chair Susan Jebb and CEO Emily Miles
- Top 10 kitchen hygiene hacks for students
- Consumer and stakeholder acceptance of urban grown food and alternative proteins - my Transforming UK Food Systems SPF Programme Fellowship
- PATH-SAFE: Tracking foodborne pathogens and antimicrobial-resistant microbes
- Chair’s stakeholder update - How climate change will impact on diet and what is the regulatory responsibility?