Ahead of the 2021 Food Hypersensitivity Symposium, Sushma Acharya looks at how we’re working to make the UK a place where food is safe, where allergy information can be trusted and where food hypersensitive consumers are included in our food culture.
Sushma Acharya, Head of Policy and Strategy for Food Hypersensitivity
Sushma Acharya reflects on the evolving place of Black History Month in modern society, and what she will take from the celebrations at the FSA this October.
Related content and links
Protecting your plate
This is the official blog of the Food Standards Agency (FSA). This blog is about our experience of protecting public health and consumers' wider interests in relation to food.
- Chair’s stakeholder message - welcoming the National Food Strategy
- Emily Miles' stakeholder update - welcoming Prof. Susan Jebb, the cat food recall, and my speech to CIEH
- Weighing the evidence – a new framework for assessing external evidence
- Emily Miles’ stakeholder update - consumer insights, regulatory reform, and World Food Safety Day
- What the updated approach for shellfish harvesting areas means for industry and consumers