Rebecca Sudworth, Director of Policy, reflects on the work we’ve been doing to help shellfish businesses adjust to the new relationship with the EU. She explains some changes that have been made to our approach for classifying shellfish harvesting areas and what this means for businesses and consumers.
Rebecca Sudworth, Director of Policy
Related content and links
Protecting your plate
This is the official blog of the Food Standards Agency (FSA). This blog is about our experience of protecting public health and consumers' wider interests in relation to food.
- Chair’s stakeholder message - welcoming the National Food Strategy
- Emily Miles' stakeholder update - welcoming Prof. Susan Jebb, the cat food recall, and my speech to CIEH
- Weighing the evidence – a new framework for assessing external evidence
- Emily Miles’ stakeholder update - consumer insights, regulatory reform, and World Food Safety Day
- What the updated approach for shellfish harvesting areas means for industry and consumers