With the publication of Assessment Comparing Meat Production Processes In Selected Countries, Rick Mumford, considers what the report tells us about international meat production methods and food standards.
Rick Mumford, Head of Science, Evidence & Research Directorate
Ever wondered how you can be sure the honey you're eating is the real thing? Rick Mumford explains the honey supply chain, the risk of honey fraud, and the technology helping to protect honey authenticity.
Ahead of the landmark IID3 study, we are looking for collaborators working in public health, epidemiology and related fields for the major research into Infectious Intestinal Disease. Rick Mumford explores the project and how to get involved.
Rick Mumford considers what a recently published report assessing how food poisoning is estimated in different countries can tell us about comparing international food standards.
Related content and links
Protecting your plate
This is the official blog of the Food Standards Agency (FSA). This blog is about our experience of protecting public health and consumers' wider interests in relation to food.
- Chair’s stakeholder message - welcoming the National Food Strategy
- Emily Miles' stakeholder update - welcoming Prof. Susan Jebb, the cat food recall, and my speech to CIEH
- Weighing the evidence – a new framework for assessing external evidence
- Emily Miles’ stakeholder update - consumer insights, regulatory reform, and World Food Safety Day
- What the updated approach for shellfish harvesting areas means for industry and consumers